The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee at the Institute for Global Health Sciences (IGHS) aspires to build a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty, student and staff community that reflects the partners and communities we collaborate with globally.
This committee cultivates an environment that is welcoming, values differences and diverse ideas, and supports culturally humble education, research and program implementation worldwide.
What is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?
We understand diversity as the presence of differences in gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status.
Equity ensures everyone has access to the same opportunities. It recognizes that advantages and barriers exist, and that, as a result, we all don’t start from the same place.
Inclusion happens when people with different identities feel and/or are valued, leveraged and welcomed within a given setting.
- Address anti-racist knowledge gaps
- Achieve demographic diversity across IGHS, including leadership
- Create a healthy, safe and welcoming climate for IGHS employees and learners
- Advance equity in IGHS mission
- Embed equity as part of essential criteria in decision-making
- Further IGHS commitment to decolonizing global health
Do you have feedback, thoughts, comments or suggestions for the DEI Committee?