The Toolbox for Conducting Integrated HIV Bio-Behavioral Surveillance in Key Populations, herein referred to as IBBS Toolbox, is copyrighted and its use is subject to the License terms listed below.
The IBBS Toolbox is meant to be widely distributed and modified to fit the needs of the User.
Redistribution and use of the IBBS Toolbox, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. All right, title, and interest in and to the IBBS Toolbox shall at all times remain with The Regents of the University of California (“The Regents”). User acknowledges that the IBBS Toolbox is a copyrighted work and as such is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and by international treaties.
3. Neither the name of The Regents nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from the IBBS Toolbox without specific prior written permission. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring rights to use in advertising, publicity or otherwise any trademark, trade name, service mark or the name of “University of California” or “The Regents of the University of California” or any abbreviation thereof. However, the use of The Regents’ name as associated with the copyright notice for the IBBS Toolbox shall not be restricted.
4. When used for research purposes, including studies, grants, quality improvement projects, or any form of publication, the University of California, San Francisco must be acknowledged.
5. Redistributions of the IBBS Toolbox and its modifications must retain the following copyright notice:
“Copyright © The Regents of the University of California, 2016. All rights reserved.”
6. THE IBBS TOOLBOX IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE USE OF THE AUTHORED WORK WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
7. APPLICABLE LAW: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
8. INDEMNIFICATION: Only to the extent required by law, User agrees to indemnify The Regents and its officers, employees, and agent against all claims, suits, losses, damages, costs, fees, and expenses arising from the exercise of this license.