You are part of an accomplished group of UCSF global health graduates who are committed to improving health and reducing inequities worldwide. This is your space to reconnect with classmates and meet new colleagues, find alumni news and events, and remain an active participant in the growth of the Institute for Global Health Sciences.
10 Years of Global Health Master's Education
In 2018, the Institute for Global Health Sciences (IGHS) celebrated the 10th anniversary of the nation’s first Master of Science in Global Health program. To mark this milestone, IGHS held the first-ever alumni campaign and raised more than $10,000 for student support. Thank you to all the generous donors! IGHS also held a lively 10th Anniversary Reunion.
The campaign has ended, but you still have a chance to support the next 10 years of global health education! Make a gift to help ensure that the brightest and most dedicated students have access to a world-class education at UCSF, just as you did.
Anthony Nardone, MS ’16, speaks about his data showing higher asthma rates in California's historically redlined communities.
Harinder Chahal, MS ’14, found his path to the FDA through IGHS training in health economics and global health policy.
Global Health Graduates Today
See what other alumni are doing now
Alumni Volunteer Opportunities
You have experienced firsthand the transformative nature of a global health education at UCSF. Help others have the same experience by sharing your skills, knowledge, and time! Support prospective students, mentor current students, or offer advice to recent graduates as they begin their careers:
- Chat with prospective students at information sessions and graduate recruitment fairs.
- Welcome admitted students with a congratulatory phone call or email.
- Host an admissions information session for colleagues at your company or organization.
- Host informational interviews with current students at your company or organization.
To volunteer, please contact Thongdam Pathoumthong, admissions and alumni relations officer, at [email protected].
Connect with your built-in network of hundreds of IGHS alumni:
- Join the LinkedIn Global Health Sciences Alumni Group to post or look for jobs, start a conversation, and connect with fellow alumni.
- Connect and share news and updates in the Facebook private master’s group.
- Network with current students, alumni, and faculty through UCSFConnect.
- Get social and plan a happy hour or other event for fellow alumni. Contact [email protected] if you would like help organizing.
Keep in Touch
Share Your Updates
Do you have news about your career or education? Do you have new contact information?
Send Your Questions and Requests
Can we help you make a connection or find a resource?
Help recruit new students!
Attend a conference or graduate fair. Speak to prospective students.