The IGHS Global Faculty Affiliate Program supports non-UCSF faculty with longstanding collaborations with IGHS and IGHS Faculty Affiliates. The program seeks to recognize our partners and to build a collaborative global community to increase the collective impact of global health work.
The Global Faculty Affiliate Program (for non-UCSF Faculty) is a program of the UCSF IGHS Faculty Affiliate Program (for UCSF Faculty). This new Program provides resources and recognition to support faculty at non-UCSF institutions who have demonstrated long-standing collaboration with IGHS and IGHS Faculty Affiliates.
- Current faculty appointment or post-training employment at a collaborating entity (e.g. university, NGO, Ministry of Health)
- Demonstrated long-term collaboration with IGHS or a UCSF faculty member with active membership status in the IGHS FAP
- Nomination by >1 UCSF faculty member with active membership status in the IGHS FAP
- Completed application form with supporting documents
- Exceptional contributions to global health in line with the IGHS core mission
- Dedication to collaborative work with UCSF Faculty and trainees
- Outstanding achievements in global health teaching, research, anb/or policy
- Eligibility for annual IGHS Excellence in Global Health Award (with travel stipend to visit IGHS)
- Access to select UCSF IGHS online resources (e.g. Box, UCSF Library, UCSF RedCap)
- Opportunity to join IGHS committees or working groups
- Receive discount admission to IGHS sponsored events
- Invitation to quarterly FAP events featuring global health leaders
- Reference IGHS affiliation in publications, proposals and working titles
- Have your related work promoted through IGHS communication channels
- Receive FAP’s monthly newsletter with updates on global health activities and events
- Match, if desired, with IGHS students (MS and PhD) for research support and mentorship
Requirements for ongoing membership
- IGHS Global Faculty Affiliates are expected to maintain ongoing collaborative work with IGHS FAP and/or UCSF trainees. Global Faculty Affiliates will be asked to renew membership in the program every two years.
Selection process: GFAP candidates will be nominated by FAPs to apply for membership once per year. All applicants will be reviewed and selected by the IGHS FAP Executive Committee and IGHS leadership. Membership spots per year are limited (<5 per year)