The Institute for Global Health Sciences is open to all who do global work at UCSF. IGHS’s Faculty Affiliate Program supports global health efforts across departments.
The program connects and provides resources for faculty engaged in global health projects. It helps build collaborations and increases the collective impact of the university’s global health work.
All UCSF faculty members with demonstrated commitment to global health issues are eligible.
- IGHS FAP Awards
- IGHS FAP Travel Awards
- Global Faculty Affiliate Program (Coming Soon!)
- Letter of support, upon request, from the IGHS Executive Director documenting affiliate faculty member's global health activities
- Networking opportunities with IGHS faculty
- Reference IGHS affiliation in publications, proposals and working titles
- Inclusion on the IGHS website and other communication vehicles
- Personalization of the UCSF Profiles system to highlight your global health activities and interests
- Inclusion on a listserve for relevant information highlighting global health activities and events
- Access to IGHS students (Masters and PhD) for research support and mentorship
- Eligibility for compensation for teaching roles and for the supervision of trainees
Requirements for Continued Membership
IGHS faculty affiliates are expected to contribute to UCSF’s goal of advancing health worldwide. Affiliated faculty members are asked to contribute each year to UCSF’s global health research, educational and implementation work in at least one of several possible ways:
- Governance: Service on IGHS or related UCSF management committees involved in global health (e.g., IRAC, GH-FIG, etc.)
- Education: Teach or guest lecture in IGHS or affiliated education programs; serve as capstone, research or career mentors for IGHS students
- Community-building: Participate in Institute for Global Health Sciences events with the goal of expanding UCSF's presence and contributions in global health
- IGHS Research / Implementation: Collaborate with IGHS researchers engaged in sponsored global health programs
- Publication: Demonstrate mastery and commitment to the field in peer-reviewed publications