12:00 pm to 1:15 pm PDT (UTC-7)
The WHO Independent Panel on Pandemic Preparedness & Response invited the UCSF Institute for Global Health Sciences (IGHS) to develop two case studies on the US and Mexico response to the COVID-19 pandemic. IGHS and the Bay Area Global Health Alliance present this online panel highlighting the findings and recommendations of these case studies.
A multidisciplinary team analyzed and synthesized work from various sectors, disciplines and media landscapes. The team also conducted 23 key stakeholder interviews to ensure a diversity of viewpoints.
Moderated by Ben Plumley, host of A Shot in the Arm podcast, this webinar will feature authors and contributors from both case studies and leading voices on the COVID-19 pandemic. We will focus on lessons learned and the ramifications for regional coordination and cooperation for future pandemic prevention.
Participants, in order of photos above left to right:
- Lucia Abascal, MD, MS, PhD student, UCSF Institute for Global Health Sciences
- Neelam Sekhri Feachem, MHA, Associate Professor, UCSF Institute for Global Health Sciences and the Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Eric Goosby, MD, Professor, UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Institute for Global Health Sciences
- Mary Pittman, DrPH, President and Chief Executive Officer, Public Health Institute, Ben Plumley (Moderator), Founder and Global Health Strategist, Hunuvat Global and Host of A Shot in the Arm Podcast
- Carlos del Rio, MD, Executive Associate Dean, Emory School of Medicine & Grady Health System, Professor, Hubert Department of Global Health-Rollins School of Public Health, Co-Director, Emory Center for AIDS Research
- Mariano Sánchez-Talanquer, PhD, Academy Scholar, Harvard Academy, Harvard University, Assistant Professor, Center for International Studies, El Colegio de Mexico
- Jaime Sepulveda, MD, Executive Director, UCSF Institute for Global Health Sciences