2 pm to 4 pm
550 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
Join the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub (CZB) and UCSF’s Institute for Global Health Sciences (IGHS) for presentations and judging of innovative new tools to monitor and control outdoor biting mosquitos that transmit malaria and other diseases, such as dengue and chikungunya.
Transdisciplinary teams of scientists from across UCSF and CZB will present to a panel of experts and funders the ideas for products, services and applications that they have developed during a "hackathon" over the previous two-day period. The most promising ideas will be selected for ongoing support and development by CZB and IGHS.
- Catherine Cheney, West Coast senior reporter for Devex
- Joe DeRisi, UCSF professor of biochemistry and biophysics; co-president, Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
- Thierry Diagana, head, Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Suha Jhaveri, vice president, new technology, Vir Biotechnology, Inc.
- Vikas Meka, Global Health Innovation Advisor
- Allison Tademoto, strategy and operations leader, Google X
A reception follows the judging.