Our goals are to enhance global efforts towards pandemic readiness, response and resilience to effectively deal with the biggest threats to health systems around the world.
Our work focuses on capacity building and workforce development for pandemic response; data for public health impact, preparedness and response; and policy shaping. We provide technical assistance and support to help develop and implement local solutions.
- PROTECT, Global Health Security is a five-year project designed to improve public health response to COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases in Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa.
- California Virtual Training Academy provides trainings, continuing education and support, and technical assistance for the California public health workforce.
- Combating Unequal Treatment in Healthcare Through Virtual Awareness and Training in Empathy (CULTIVATE) uses virtual reality to engage healthcare providers in diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Test to Treat is a programmatic evaluation of the U.S. Agency for International Development’s Paxlovid Test to Treat approach. Oxygen Ecosystem Program Reviews is an assessment of the agency’s activities to improve global access to supplemental oxygen.
- California Pathways into Public Health Initiative offers paid training and job placement for early-career public health professionals to gain experience from working at local health jurisdiction host sites.
- Pandemic Response Initiative is committed to advancing health equity through global advocacy for pandemic response and preparedness in LMICs, development of evidence to policy initiatives for low-resource settings, and support for participation in locally-driven research agendas and interventions.
- Pandemic Preparedness and Response Conversation Series: Each month we bring in scientists, doctors and researchers to talk about their work in the field. Through this series, we aim to connect leaders in public health and ensure that pandemic preparedness and health equity are part of the broader conversation.
- Pandemic Preparedness Priorities in Latin America: Lessons Learned from COVID-19: This virtual symposium identified key public health priorities necessary to prepare for a post-pandemic world. It also strengthened multisectoral partnerships and fostered interdisciplinary collaboration to prepare and respond to future pandemics in the region.
- AFREhealth Symposium: CPPR supports AFREhealth in convening a group of experts from Sub-Saharan Africa to define research priorities and guide future research for post-pandemic Africa.
- California Department of Public Health
- California Prevention Training Center
- Center for Excellence in Primary Care
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Curry International Tuberculosis Center
- Gobierno de México
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi
- Maya Health Alliance | Wuqu' Kawoq
- Ministry of Health, Morrocco
- Ministry of Health, Paraguay
- Pandemic Action Network
- Survival for Women and Children
- Team Upswell
- University of California Global Health Institute
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA Fielding School of Public Health)
- University of Guam, Mangilao, Guam
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- UT Southwestern
- Vaccine Confidence Fund
- World Bank