The Center for Health Equity in Surgery and Anesthesia aims to advance equity in surgery, anesthesia, and perioperative care worldwide through ethical and innovative academic engagement.
Our research includes implementation sciences, translational, and basic science with priorities driven by our partners and the communities we serve. Our educational programs train emerging leaders in health equity and support perioperative workforce training in resource-denied settings. We expand our impact through grassroots and high-level advocacy and policy engagement to ensure successful and sustainable implementation.
Doruk Ozgediz, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatric Surgery
- David Bayne, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Urology
- Marissa Boeck, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of General Surgery
- Michael Lipnick, MD, Associate Professor of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine
- Coleen Sabatini, MD, MPH, Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Association of Anesthesiologists of Uganda
- Busitema University Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Mbale, Uganda
- Global Initiative for Children’s Surgery
- Global OHNS
- Global Surgery Student Alliance
- HEAL Initiative
- Hypoxia Lab
- Institute for Global Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
- Pediatric Surgical Foundation of Uganda
- World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists
Please visit our website to learn more about our work, people, and partners.