Students apply for the Masters Degree Program in Global Health Sciences through our online application. To be considered for review, a completed application must include:
- Résumé (<3 pages) summarizing education, professional experience, publications, languages spoken, honors & awards, local and international experience, extracurricular interests and special skills.
- Personal statement (<750 words) that addresses reason for applying, prior global health experience in underserved populations (local and international), expectations from the program, and global health career goals.
- Three Letters of Recommendation assessing your academic strengths, personal qualities, and accomplishments. Letters should address how the MS degree will contribute to your career growth. Our preference is that two of the letters are from academic referees. All letters must be on letterhead and signed. Requests and instructions for letters are sent directly to your referees once you have listed their names and contact information in your online application.
- Original transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools from which a degree was granted. Instructions for submission are available on the online application. Prior education must include a bachelor's degree (BA/BS), or the equivalent, from an accredited institution, and a minimum of 3.0 (B) Grade Point Average (GPA). All transcripts from institutions outside of the United States will be evaluated by the UCSF Graduate Division to verify degree equivalency.
- Application fee payable to the UCSF Division of Graduate Studies
GRE scores are not required but if you have taken them, please submit your scores.
International applicants from non-English speaking countries must also demonstrate proficiency in English by completing one year of study with a minimum GPA of 3.00 at an accredited college or university in the United States, OR by obtaining minimal scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL is administered by ETS, or the IELTS - International English Language Testing System:
|Test Type||Minimum Score|
|paper based TOEFL
|computer based TOEFL
|internet based TOEFL iBT